BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA/MSU Athletics) – After turning in a pair of career-high scoring performances, Mississippi State's Reggie Perry was named SEC Freshman of the Week, announced Monday by the conference office.
It marks Perry’s first SEC weekly award, and Mississippi State’s second SEC weekly award for the 2018-19 season. Lamar Peters captured SEC Player of the Week back on December 10.
Perry nearly averaged a double-double with 19.5 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game. He poured in a career-best 21 points and matched a SEC season-high with 11 rebounds at Ole Miss en route to his second double-double in his last three outings.
Perry canned the go-ahead trey with 3:32 remaining to break a 73-73 tie and give Mississippi State the lead for good for its first win in Oxford since 2010-11. He opened the week with a then career-high 18 points on 9-of-12 shooting at Alabama only to set a new mark during the Ole Miss game.
The Bulldogs have a pair of ranked opponents on the horizon starting with No. 19 LSU visiting Humphrey Coliseum on Wednesday. Tip time is set for 8 p.m. CT.
- MSU's Reggie Perry nabs SEC Freshman of the Week
- MSU's Perry collects second SEC Freshman of the Week award
- Rebels' Nikhazy nabs second SEC Freshman of the Week honor
- MSU's Rickea Jackson, Reggie Perry sweep Gillom and Howell trophies
- MSU's Nick Weatherspoon named SEC Freshman of the Week
- SEC honors MSU's Aliyah Matharu as Freshman of the Week
- MSU's MacLeod named SEC Freshman of the Week
- MSU football player Reggie Todd arrested
- Taylor named SEC Freshman of the Week
- MSU's Reggie Perry to represent Team USA at the FIBA U19 World Cup in Greece