STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State’s Jeffery Simmons says he is ready for the NFL and will play his last game as a Bulldog on New Year’s Day.
The Macon native posted a letter to the university’s athletic website declaring for the 2019 NFL Draft.
“For the past three years at Mississippi State, I have poured my heart into everything I did on the field, in the classroom and in the community. This place taught me to never give up, and it instilled a desire and a work ethic to reach my ultimate goal. I intend to complete my degree. I have so much passion for this game, and I am ready to take the next step as I declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.”
The junior says he will play in the Outback Bowl.
Many analysts believe Simmons will be a high draft pick.
- MSU's Jeffery Simmons declares for NFL Draft
- Titans agree to terms with top draft pick Jeffery Simmons
- Former MSU star Jeffery Simmons suffers knee injury
- Jeffery Simmons named to Bednarik Award watch list
- Rebels' Knox declares for NFL Draft
- Several Alabama players declare for NFL draft
- MSU's Perry declares for NBA Draft
- Sweat skipping NFL Draft
- Report: Simmons not invited to NFL Combine
- Ole Miss' Breeland Speaks declares for NFL Draft