BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA) - Mississippi State quarterback Nick Fitzgerald has been named Co-Offensive Player of the Week in the SEC for Week 9.
This comes after the Bulldogs’ 28-13 victory over Texas A&M Saturday in Starkville.
He accounted for 329 yards of total offense and four touchdowns.
Fitzgerald silenced many critics of his game play surrounding the team’s loss to LSU the week prior.
He shares this week’s SEC honor with Georgia quarterback Jacob Fromm.
- Defense – Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky
- Special Teams – Lynn Bowden, PR, Kentucky
- Freshman – Dylan Wonnum, OL, South Carolina
- Offensive Line – Justin Skule, OT, Vanderbilt
- Defensive Line – D.J. Wonnum, DL, South Carolina