STARKVILLE, Miss. (MSU Athletics/WTVA) - Senior Jordan Danberry has been named the SEC Co-Player of the Week after helping the No. 7 Mississippi State women’s basketball team open conference play with wins against Arkansas and Kentucky.
Danberry averaged 21.5 points and 6.0 rebounds over the two contests last week and collected nine assists along the way. She has now scored in double figures in 10 consecutive games.
Returning to her home state and former school, the Conway, Arkansas, native scored a career-high 26 points against the Razorbacks. She came one rebound shy of a double-double with a career-best nine, while going 11-of-21 from the floor.
Hosting the No. 16 Wildcats, Danberry totaled 17 points on 7-of-12 shooting with five assists. She recorded a block in both games to bring her season total to six.
The honor is the first weekly conference award of Danberry’s career. The Bulldog guard is now sixth in the conference with a 1.86 assist/turnover ratio and fifth in field goal percentage (53.5 percent).
MSU returns to action on Thursday night when State hosts Georgia at 8 p.m. CT in Humphrey Coliseum. The game will air on SEC Network with Pam Ward, Caroline Peck and Steffi Sorensen on the call.
- MSU's Danberry named SEC Co-Player of the Week
- MSU's Danberry receives approval on NCAA waiver
- MSU's Victoria Vivians named SEC Player of the Week
- Howard named SEC Player of the Week
- McCowan named SEC Player Of The Week
- MSU's McCowan named SEC Player of the Year
- Simpson named MSU Football's 2019 SEC Legend
- MSU tennis' Rakic named SEC Player of the Week after 4-0 weekend
- MSU's Nick Weatherspoon named SEC Freshman of the Week
- MSU's MacLeod named SEC Freshman of the Week