NEW YORK (AP) — UConn extends its run at No. 1 in The Associated Press women's basketball poll.
The Huskies (30-0) have been the unanimous top choice all season from the 32-member media panel. They are in the semifinals of the American Athletic Conference tournament Monday night. The Huskies are 99-0 against AAC opponents since the formation of the conference, 86-0 in regular-season games and 13-0 in the conference tournaments.
Baylor moved up to second and Louisville third after then-No. 2 Mississippi State lost to South Carolina in the SEC title game. The Bulldogs slipped to fourth. Notre Dame was fifth.
Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, UCLA and Ohio State round out the top 10.
Most of the major conferences finished their tournaments this weekend with just the Big 12 title game Monday night featuring Baylor and Texas.
- MSU falls to fourth in AP Women's Basketball Poll
- MSU women climb to No. 5 in AP Poll
- MSU women notch highest AP preseason ranking
- MSU ranked No. 18 in preseason AP poll
- Mississippi State women maintain No. 6 ranking in AP Poll
- Mississippi State women begin 2018 No. 5 in AP Poll
- Mississippi State women climb to No. 3 in AP Poll
- Mississippi State women remain No. 2 in AP Poll
- SEC champion MSU No. 2 in AP poll, final NCAA top 16 reveal