STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Ethan Small struck out a career-high 15 batters as Mississippi State defeated Alabama 6-0 in the opening game of their baseball series Friday night.
Small also allowed just three hits and three walks in six innings of work.
The Bulldogs (29-6 overall, 8-5 SEC) scored four runs in the second inning. Brad Cumbest's RBI single was followed by a three-run home run from Jordan Westburg.
Alabama dropped to 23-12 and 4-9.
The teams meet again at 1:00 p.m. Saturday at Dudy Noble Field.
- MSU downs Alabama in series opener
- MSU downs South Alabama
- South Carolina downs MSU in series finale
- MSU downs Florida in SEC baseball opener
- Ole Miss downs Kentucky in series opener
- MSU collects 14th comeback win to claim series at Alabama
- MSU baseball wins series opener at Ole Miss
- MSU crushes South Carolina in weekend series opener
- MSU, Arizona State schedule football series
- Moorhead previews MSU-Alabama game