TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi State Ice Dawgs defeated LSU 7-2 Friday night at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo.
Matt Benz got the Ice Dawgs on the board first with a power play goal in the 1st period.
MSU led 4-1 after the first period and never looked back.
The Ice Dawgs and LSU will face off Saturday night at 7:30. It will be MSU's 2018 home ice finale.
- MSU Ice Dawgs defeat LSU 7-2
- LSU defeats Diamond Dawgs 11-2 in series finale
- LSU defeats Florida 11-0
- Diamond Dawgs defeat Texas Southern 11-6
- Diamond Dawgs take game two, even series at LSU
- Diamond Dawgs fall in rubber match at LSU
- Diamond Dawgs open series with 6-5 win over LSU
- No 17-inning game tonight; LSU defeats MSU 12-2 in seven innings
- MSU rallies to defeat Memphis