JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Ajira Thompkins scored a game-high 12 points as Louisville defeated Ripley 35-31 in the MHSAA Class 4A girls championship game on Thursday.
Louisville won its first girls basketball state championship since 1973 as the Lady Wildcats finished 27-4.
Ripley (27-6), which was seeking its first state title since 2011, was led by Siarra Jackson's eleven points.
- Louisville defeats Ripley for Class 4A girls championship
- Louisville wins Class 4A state football championship
- Noxubee County rallies to win Class 4A championship
- New Hope wins Class 4A state baseball championship
- Kossuth defeats Belmont for Class 3A girls championship
- Raymond defeats Corinth for 4A boys crown
- Pine Grove wins Class 1A girls championship
- Pearl rallies to defeat Starkville for Class 6A championship
- Starkville girls defeat Murrah for Class 6A basketball crown
- Alabama routs Louisville 51-14