NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Louisville capped coach Scott Satterfield's debut season by beating Mississippi State 38-28 in the Music City Bowl.
Micale Cunningham threw for 279 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 81 yards more for the Cardinals.
Louisville rallied from a 14-point deficit early by scoring 31 straight to finish their big turnaround from last season.
The Cardinals also finally beat Mississippi State on the field for the first time in six tries, though the series now is tied at three apiece thanks to a pair of forfeits by the Bulldogs in the 1970s.
Mississippi State lost its second straight bowl and finishes the season 6-7.
- Louisville beats Mississippi State 38-28 at Music City Bowl
- Mississippi State to play Louisville in Music City Bowl
- Mississippi State will face Louisville in TaxSlayer Bowl
- Mississippi State ousts Louisville 31-27 in 2017 TaxSlayer Bowl
- Mississippi State beats Ole Miss 35-3 in Egg Bowl
- Mississippi State beats Ole Miss 21-20 in 2019 Egg Bowl
- No. 22 Mississippi State beats McNeese State
- Alabama routs Louisville 51-14
- Mississippi State wins inaugural eSports Egg Bowl
- MSU: Garrett Shrader to miss Music City Bowl