RUSTON, La. (AP) — Amik Robertson intercepted three passes, J'Mar Smith threw for 325 yards with 212 of those yards going to Malik Stanley, and Louisiana Tech defeated Southern Mississippi 45-30 on Saturday.
Smith completed 14 of 21 with one touchdown — a 56-yarder to Stanley — and an interception.
Stanley, the 14th La. Tech receiver to go over 200 yards in a game, had the one touchdown among his eight receptions. The 212 yards are his career high.
Justin Henderson had 111 yards rushing and two touchdowns for the Bulldogs (6-1, 3-0 Conference USA).
USM's De'Michael Harris returned the opening kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown and the Golden Eagles went on to lead 27-24 at halftime. After a scoreless third quarter, Louisiana Tech dominated the fourth. The Bulldogs scored final-period touchdowns on 1-yard runs by Smith and Bobby Holly and a 30-yard interception return by Ezekiel Barnett.
Robertson's interceptions all came against Jack Abraham, a former Louisiana Tech quarterback. Abraham threw for 327 yards and a touchdown for the Golden Eagles (4-3, 2-1) but was intercepted four times.
- Louisiana Tech downs USM
- Moorhead previews Homecoming game with Louisiana Tech
- Louisiana Tech beats Mississippi State 74-67
- Stapleton's late 3s push MSU past USM
- USM's Sandlin wins 2018 Ferriss Trophy
- USM captures C-USA Tournament crown
- Fitzgerald throws 4 TDs, Mississippi State beats Louisiana Tech 45-3
- Ole Miss women fall 80-71 at Louisiana Tech
- Draine lifts Southern Miss over Louisiana Tech 73-71 in OT
- Mississippi State baseball to add Louisiana Tech to 2019 schedule