HOULKA, Miss. (WTVA) - He was known as a coaching legend.
Former basketball coach Jimmy Guy McDonald died Wednesday afternoon, according to the Chickasaw County coroner.
McDonald coached for decades, mostly at Houlka.
Right now, there is no word on his cause of death.
He was 71 years old.
- Longtime basketball coach dies Wednesday afternoon
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires
- Longtime football coach Jimmy Mitchell dies
- Longtime Tupelo coach Mickey Linder dies
- Longtime Louisiana head baseball coach Tony Robichaux dies
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- MUW names new women's basketball coach
- Tipler named Pontotoc boys basketball coach
- Alabama hires new men's basketball coach
- Itawamba AHS hires new girls basketball coach