SENATOBIA, Miss. (WTVA/NEMCC Athletics) - Northeast Mississippi Community College's women's basketball team advanced to the semifinals of the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) State Tournament with a 84-75 victory over Hinds on Tuesday.
The first round matchup at Northwest Mississippi Community College's Howard Coliseum served as revenge for the Lady Tigers as Hinds eliminated them from both the MACJC and NJCAA Region 23 tournaments one year ago.
Northeast led from start to finish against the Lady Bulldogs. Adallice Young paced the Lady Tigers with a team-high 23 points and was one of five double figure scorers for the victors.
Dayzsha Rogan followed her with 17 points while Aundrea Adams had 15 points and a team-best seven rebounds for Northeast, which improved to 17-7 overall on the season.
The Lady Bulldogs were led by Victoria Johnson's game-high 35 points. Hinds was the fourth seeded team from the MACJC South Division while the Lady Tigers were the MACJC North Division champion.
Northeast advances to face Copiah-Lincoln in the state semifinals on Wednesday. Tipoff is scheduled for 5 p.m. in Senatobia.
- Lady Tigers down Hinds to advance to state semifinals
- Tigers down Co-Lin to advance to state semifinals
- Lady Tigers join Northeast men in region tournament semifinals
- Tigers advance to region semifinals with win over Bears
- Mississippi State advances to NIT semifinals at MSG
- State’s Borges advances to second straight NCAA singles semifinal
- Ole Miss blanks Auburn 7-0 to advance into SEC Baseball Tournament semifinals
- Tigers release 2018 baseball schedule
- Tigers young again, but talented
- Indians, Tigers named to MACJC All-State teams