STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - An error revealed the bracket this year’s NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament.
ESPN accidentally revealed the bracket, which showed Mississippi State as a No. 1 seed in the Portland Region.
The Lady Bulldogs will play Southern University Friday night in Starkville at 8:30. South Dakota and Clemson will play at 6:00 p.m. Friday's winners will play Sunday at Humphrey Coliseum at a time to be determined.
Baylor, Notre Dame and Louisville were named as the other three top seeds.
MSU is trying to get another shot at the national championship for the third time following defeats in 2017 and 2018.
ESPN released the following statement:
"In working with the NCAA to prepare for tonight's Women's Selection Special we received the bracket, similar to years past. In the midst of our preparation, the bracket was mistakenly posted on ESPNU. We deeply regret the error and extend our apology to the NCAA and the women's basketball community. We will conduct a thorough review of our process to ensure it doesn't happen in the future."
- Lady Bulldogs named No. 1 seed, begin play on Friday
- Late surge drops Lady Bulldogs' upset bid
- Lady Bulldogs hold off upset-minded Tigers
- Bulldogs begin TaxSlayer Bowl prep
- Top-seeded Bulldogs roll past Nicholls in NCAA Tournament opener
- MSU's Vic Schaefer, Lady Bulldogs receive SEC honors
- League coaches name three Bulldogs All-SEC
- MSU women's basketball named top seed in Kansas City Region
- Bulldogs land UConn transfer