OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Oxford High School guard Jarkel Joiner has committed to the Ole Miss basketball program, he announced Thursday on his Twitter page.
Joiner played at Cal State Bakersfield the last two seasons under former Ole Miss head coach Rod Barnes.
Joiner averaged 15.6 points per game as a sophomore but recently announced his intentions to transfer.
During his senior year at Oxford High, Joiner averaged 36.5 points per game, which ranked fourth in the nation.
Verbal commitments are not binding. Joiner will have to sit out next season due to NCAA transfer rules and will have two seasons of eligibility remaining.
- Joiner commits to Ole Miss basketball
- Joiner officially joins Ole Miss basketball
- West Point's Crowley commits to Ole Miss basketball
- Tupelo's Jaycob Horn commits to Ole Miss
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- Meridian's Miller to join Ole Miss basketball
- Draine honored by C-USA; Joiner honored by WAC
- Ole Miss gets commitment from Jones County safety
- Ole Miss football gets two commitments on Monday
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn