INGOMAR, Miss. (WTVA) - Ingomar High School senior forward Lauren Thompson has signed with Mississippi College's women's basketball program.
Thompson is averaging 15.5 points and 5.8 rebounds this season for the Lady Falcons, who have won three consecutive state championships. She's also second in the state in three-pointers made and leads the state in charges taken.
Thompson says she'll major in pre-med at Mississippi College.
"The most important thing for me is getting a good education, because basketball is not forever, so that's what attracted me most about it," Thompson said. "Of course, they have a great program over there, and I'm excited to just see what we can do."
"She's a very smart lady, she's intelligent, she's funny, has a good personality," said Ingomar girls head coach Trent Adair. "All these kids are enjoyable to be around, so she fits right in with all of them. She's a very good kid."
- Ingomar's Thompson signs with Mississippi College
- Ingomar's Zach Koon signs with BMC baseball
- Ingomar's Self signs with ICC basketball
- Ingomar's Self to sign with Louisiana-Monroe basketball
- The incredible 1958 Ingomar girls basketball team
- Amory's Kaleigh Wren signs with Mississippi College
- Saltillo's Kenzye Simmons signs with Mississippi College
- Tupelo's Hughes signs with Mississippi College soccer
- Thompson leads Kansas State past Mississippi State 31-24
- Ingomar defeats New Site for 2A girls basketball crown