INGOMAR, Miss. (WTVA) - Ingomar High School's Gara Beth Self signed with Itawamba Community College's women's basketball program on Wednesday.
Self helped the Lady Falcons win three consecutive state championships during her freshman, sophomore and junior seasons. As a senior, she averaged 19.4 points per game, along with 2.9 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 2.8 steals.
Self has been an All-State selection in basketball and softball, and she's also the first Ingomar student to be selected as a Lindy Callahan Scholar-Athlete, which recognizes athletics, academics and extracurricular activities.
"I just want to be the best in everything, I just want to win," Self said. "That's pretty much what drives me, I want to win, I want to be the best at whatever I do."
"I had her in fifth and sixth grade P.E., and whatever we did out there, she wanted to be the best," said Ingomar girls basketball coach Trent Adair. "She's a cutthroat competitor in athletics, (and) that's an important characteristic to have."
- Ingomar's Self signs with ICC basketball
- Ingomar's Self to sign with Louisiana-Monroe basketball
- The incredible 1958 Ingomar girls basketball team
- Ingomar's Thompson signs with Mississippi College
- Ingomar's Zach Koon signs with BMC baseball
- Belmont's Berryman signs with ICC basketball
- Wheeler's Jalon Beene signs with ICC basketball
- Ingomar defeats New Site for 2A girls basketball crown
- ICC's Lancaster signs with Missouri
- Saltillo High's Julian Warren signs with ICC basketball