FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) - The Itawamba Community College football team came in at No. 14 in the latest National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rankings released late Wednesday afternoon.
The Indians (1-0) moved up from No. 16 in the preseason poll.
East Mississippi (1-0) remains the country’s top-ranked team while Iowa Western (2-0) remained help strong at the No. 2 spot. Snow (2-0) and Northeastern Oklahoma A&M (1-0) followed with Northwest (1-0) moving up a spot to round out the top five teams. Jones County (1-0) jumped up a spot to No. 8 in this week’s rankings.
The Indians will host East Central (0-1) Thursday night at Eaton Field with kickoff slated for 6:30 p.m.
- Indians move up to No. 14 in NJCAA football rankings
- ICC football enters NJCAA Top 20 rankings
- ICC football earns No. 10 ranking in final NJCAA poll
- East Mississippi wins NJCAA Football National Championship
- ICC golf team earns Top 5 ranking in NJCAA poll
- Five-time national champion Lions top NJCAA preseason rankings
- Indians football mixing youth, experience in 2019
- EMCC’s Upshaw, Crabtree earn NJCAA All-America football honors
- Six EMCC Lions tabbed 2018 NJCAA football All-Americans
- MSU men's basketball vaults to season's best No. 14 ranking