FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – Itawamba Community College sophomore Malarie Scott signed a national letter of intent to continue her soccer career at Louisiana State University at Alexandria next season.
Scott was selected to the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) North All-Star squad after scoring five goals and handing out six assists for a total of 16 points this past season. She had a career-high two assists in the Lady Indians 3-1 win at Motlow State Community College on September 9, 2017.
As a freshman, the five-foot-five midfielder recorded six goals and one assists for a total of 13 points and was named first-team MACJC All-State. She had a career-high two goals in a 5-2 win against Hinds Community College on October 18, 2016.
LSUA is a NAIA program and is a member of the Red River Athletic Conference (RRAC). The Generals finished 13-4-2 overall to set a school record for most wins in a year and were eliminated from post season play in the conference semifinals after finished 8-1-1 inside RRAC play last season. They are coached by Michael Poropate, who is in his fourth season as head coach.
Scott joins Morgan Dennis (Saltillo) and Miaya Richardson (Columbus) on signing to continue their careers as student-athletes. Dennis signed with the Mississippi University of Women program while Richardson will be taking her talents to Mississippi Valley State next season.
ICC finished 10-8 on the season and advanced to the MACJC quarterfinals for the second-straight season. The Lady Indians set the mark for most wins (10) in a year and hosted the program’s first-ever home playoff match during this past season.
- ICC's Scott signs with LSU-Alexandria soccer
- Tupelo's O'Daniel, Boyd sign with ICC soccer
- Pontotoc's Whitt signs with ICC soccer
- Mathis overcomes injury, signs with ICC soccer
- Saltillo's Mitchell signs with ICC soccer
- Ripley's Perez signs with ICC soccer
- Amory's Cameron Koehn signs with ICC soccer
- Saltillo's Loden signs with ICC soccer
- ICC announces 2018 soccer schedules
- ICC announces 2019 soccer schedules