FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – Itawamba Community College standout softball player Rachel Sternisha has signed to continue her career at the University of West Alabama.
The Olive Branch native wrapped up her career at ICC with a standout sophomore season in 2019 hitting .325 with 57 runs scored, 39 RBI, 13 stolen bases and 1 home run.
Last season, Sternisha helped the Indians to a 40-16-1 record, an Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) Tournament Championship and the program’s first ever National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) National Tournament appearance.
Sternisha also gave the Indians the program’s first win in the NJCAA National Tournament with a walk-off single against Louisburg College, and earned MACJC All-State Second Team postseason honors.
As a freshman, Sternisha was part of another record breaking season for the Indians by winning a program best 41-games and the first ever regular season MACJC Championship.
Sternisha joins the Tigers who went 30-23 last season and is the first Indians to sign with UAW since Carleigh Mills, who signed in 2017 and just finished her senior season in Livingston.
- ICC's Rachel Sternisha signs with West Alabama
- ICC's Lancaster signs with Missouri
- ICC's Blissard signs with South Alabama tennis program
- NEMCC's Dill signs with West Alabama softball
- Pontotoc's Whitt signs with ICC soccer
- Amory tennis standouts sign with ICC
- Mathis overcomes injury, signs with ICC soccer
- Amory's Cameron Koehn signs with ICC soccer
- Jamal Shumpert signs with ICC football
- ICC's Bogle signs with Birmingham Southern