FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – Itawamba Community College alumnus Jabria Pounds of Nettleton has signed to continue her career with Dillard University after a year away from the game.
Pounds, who graduated from ICC in 2017 and last played during the 2016-17 season, helped the Lady Indians toa Mississippi Association of Community and Junior College (MACJC) North Division Championship. She finished her career at ICC with 703 points (12.7 per game) and shot 47.6 percent from the floor while starting 50 of her 55 games played. In addition, she had 383 rebounds. 12 assists and 109 steals.
During her sophomore season she was the Lady Indians offensive leader, averaging a team-high 16.1 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.7 steals per game. Pounds shot 53.8 percent from the floor, 33.3 percent from three-point land and 69.7 percent from the free throw line. Her standout season earned her National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-Region 23, MACJC First Team North All-State and a spot in the MACJC All-Star Game.
The 5’10 guard will join former ICC teammate Asia Partlow in New Orleans, La and the Lady Bleu Devils, who won the Gulf Coast Athletic Conference Title last season and finished with a 23-6 record after being eliminated in the NAIA National Championship Tournament.
- ICC's Jabria Pounds signs with Dillard University
- ICC's Macey Cox signs with Bethel University
- ICC's Cortavious Ivy signs with East Central University
- ICC's Lancaster signs with Missouri
- Pontotoc's Whitt signs with ICC soccer
- Amory tennis standouts sign with ICC
- Mathis overcomes injury, signs with ICC soccer
- Amory's Cameron Koehn signs with ICC soccer
- Jamal Shumpert signs with ICC football
- ICC's Bogle signs with Birmingham Southern