FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/LetsGoICC.com) - Itawamba Community College sophomore guard/forward Brian Halums has been named Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) Player of the Week in men’s basketball after averaging 29.5 points and 12 rebounds to help the Indians go 2-0 on the road last week.
On Monday, the Ole Miss signee scored 15-straight points to help the Indians rally for a 79-72 win at Wallace State (AL) Community College of Selma. He finished the night with 31 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 assists, and 1 steal.
Halums finished his award-winning week by scoring 28 points and grabbing 11 rebounds for his third double-double of the season in the Indians’ 84-82 win at ASU Mid-South (AR) Community College on Thursday.
The Indians (5-3, 0-1 MACJC North) will wrap up the 2017 half of the season Saturday at 3:00 p.m. against Southern-Shreveport (LA) Community College in Fulton. The Lady Indians will start the day at 1:00 p.m. There will be no admission to the games as ICC celebrates Fan Appreciation day at the Davis Event Center.
- ICC's Halums named MACJC Player of the Week
- ICC's Halums earns MACJC Player of the Week honors again
- ICC's Halums named NJCAA All-American
- ICC's Heard named MACJC Defensive Player of the Week
- ICC midfielder named MACJC Player of the Week
- ICC's Lancaster named MACJC Baseball Player of the Week
- ICC's Little named MACJC men's soccer player of the week
- Buford named MACJC Player of the Week
- Miller named MACJC Player of the Week
- Trio of ICC women's basketball players named MACJC All-Stars