FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – For the second straight week, sophomore guard/forward Brian Halums (Simmons) has been selected the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) men’s basketball Player of the Week.
The Ole Miss signee averaged 32 points and 11.5 rebounds in two games for the Indians last week. He scored 23 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a 68-61 loss to Holmes Community College then followed that up with a career-high 41 points and 13 rebounds in a 109-104 double overtime loss to Southern-Shreveport. On the week, Halums shot 57 percent from the field and 56 percent from three while going 25 of 32 from the free throw line.
The award is his fourth career MACJC Player of the Week honor.
Halums is currently ranked eighth in the nation with 23.6 points per game, tied for second with 73 made free throws and tied for 32nd with 9.6 rebounds per game through nine games this season.
The Indians (5-4, 0-1 MACJC North) will return to action on Thursday, January 11 against ASU Mid-South in Fulton.
- ICC's Halums earns MACJC Player of the Week honors again
- ICC's Halums named MACJC Player of the Week
- ICC's Siddell earns MACJC Player of the Week Honor
- ICC softball earns numerous MACJC postseason honors
- Joyce earns MACJC Player of the Week honor
- ICC soccer players earn postseason honors
- ICC's Halums named NJCAA All-American
- ICC sweeps MACJC Women's Soccer weekly honors
- ICC's Heard named MACJC Defensive Player of the Week
- ICC's Little named MACJC men's soccer player of the week