FULTON, Miss. (LetsGoICC.com/WTVA) - Ezra Blissard, a sophomore standout tennis player at Itawamba Community College, will join the University of South Alabama men’s tennis program next season.
Last season, Blissard (Houston) advanced to the No. 2 doubles semifinals and the quarterfinals of No. 1 singles in the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Region 23 tournaments. As a freshman, he made it to No. 3 singles semifinals and No. 1 doubles quarterfinals of the MACJC and NJCAA Region 23 tournaments.
In two seasons, Blissard complied 16 singles victories and 14 wins in doubles play under the direction of Coach Michael Metz.
South Alabama finished 15-10 last season and advanced to the NCAA Tournament, where they captured their first NCAA Tournament win in 10 years, after winning the Sun Belt Conference Championship.
- ICC's Blissard signs with South Alabama tennis program
- South Pontotoc tennis pair commit to ICC
- Amory tennis standouts sign with ICC
- ICC announces 2018 tennis schedule
- ICC's Rachel Sternisha signs with West Alabama
- ICC's Lancaster signs with Missouri
- MSU tennis sweeps South Alabama; will host NCAA Super Regional
- Pontotoc's Whitt signs with ICC soccer
- Mathis overcomes injury, signs with ICC soccer
- Amory's Cameron Koehn signs with ICC soccer