FULTON, Miss. (LetsgoICC.com/WTVA) - Itawamba Community College announced Tuesday the hiring of Andureay Adams to fill the assistant coaching position, which became vacant when Robin Porter was named head coach of the program in March.
“She will bring enthusiasm to our program,” Porter said. “She loves basketball, is a hard worker and full of energy. She’s going to be a great fit for our program, and I look forward to working with her.”
Adams has spent 12 seasons in the high school ranks, the last 10 as the assistant girls’ basketball coach and head junior high girls’ coach at Lafayette High School, where she also assisted with softball and track.
During her time at Lafayette, she has helped the Lady Dores to four district championships, seven appearances in the MHSAA state tournament and one MHSAA State Championship in 2017.
“This is truly a blessing,” said Adams. “ICC is very family-oriented and to be here and on this level is a great feeling. I look forward to being under the leadership of Coach Robin Porter.”
The Taylor native was a 2003 graduate of Lafayette High School and is a 2008 alumnus of Rust College, where she played women’s basketball, softball and volleyball. On the court, Adams set the program record for three-pointers in a game (8), held the highest three-point average and most assists during her playing time and was named to the All-Academic Team.
Adams earned her master’s degree in Principles and Leadership from Arkansas State University as the mother of her children, Adeyinka Adams-Brown (12) and Alena Hankins (6).
“I look forward to bringing in young ladies who not only love the game of basketball but want to flourish in life onto campus,” said Adams.
- ICC women's basketball names new assistant coach
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- MUW names new women's basketball coach
- Trio of ICC women's basketball players named MACJC All-Stars
- Nicholson named EMCC assistant softball coach
- MSU women's assistant coach leaving for Minnesota
- Richardson named MSU assistant head coach, running backs coach
- Michael Nanney named volunteer golf coach at ICC
- Northeast women, ICC men win
- ICC women fall to Jones