FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – Coach Andy Kirk and the nationally-ranked Itawamba Community College softball team has released the upcoming schedule for the 2018 season. The Indians are scheduled to play 44 regular season games, including 25 in Fulton.
The Indians are set to face one of the toughest schedules in the program’s storied history as 20 of their games are against teams that advanced to the postseason last year, including six against teams that made it to the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) World Series.
ICC will open the season with three-straight home doubleheaders against Bevill (AL) State Community College on Feb. 1, Jackson State (TN) Community College on Feb. 3 and Snead State (AL) Community College on Feb. 7.
MACJC play starts on Feb. 28 against rival Northeast Mississippi Community College in Fulton.
ICC will host Mississippi Delta Community College on Mar. 21 for its annual Breast Cancer Awareness Series and Coahoma Community College on Apr. 18 for Sophomore Day before ending the regular season with a doubleheader at Meridian Community College on Apr. 21.
The Indians look to host the best-of-three MACJC play-in series for the fourth-straight season on Apr. 27-28. The MACJC Tournament is scheduled for May 4-6 with the NJCAA Region 23 Tournament slated for May 10-12. The NJCAA World Series will be May 16-19 in Clinton, Miss.
For the complete 2018 schedule, visit the ICC Softball page on LetsGoICC.com. All game dates and times are subject to change.
- ICC softball releases 2018 schedule
- NEMCC releases 2018 softball schedule
- ICC announces 2018 baseball schedule
- ICC announces 2018 tennis schedule
- ICC announces 2018 soccer schedules
- Tigers release 2018 baseball schedule
- Northeast releases 2018 football schedule
- NEMCC releases basketball schedules
- ICC to host MACJC Softball Tournament
- ICC softball earns numerous MACJC postseason honors