STARKVILLE, Miss. (MSU Athletics/WTVA) - It’s time to start planning for summer camps, and this year Mississippi State basketball coach Ben Howland is offering four different opportunities in June to get involved.
First on the docket is a team camp slated for June 1-2 at the cost of $325 for one day for $600 for both. Three divisions (Elite, Varsity and JV) will be offered and teams are guaranteed three games a day.
Next will be the Overnight Camp for kids in grades 6-12 on June 8-10. The cost is $300 for overnight and $250 for commuter.
Then on June 18-21, MSU will conclude its summer slate with a Day Camp and Little Bulldog Camp.
The Day Camp is for kids in grades 3-12 and costs $250, while he Little Bulldog Camp is designed for kids grades K-2 and is $125.
All individual camps will consist of skill work in the morning, including ball handling, defensive fundamentals, shooting and passing. After lunch, campers will play in competitive 5-on-5 games.
Each camper must provide a current physical or signed physician's statement. They will also be required to fill out medical release forms.
The registration deadline is May 25, 2018, for team camp, and there will be a limit on the number of teams accepted, so please register as soon as possible.
The online registration deadline for individual camps are as follows . . .
Overnight Camp – June 7
Day & Little Bulldog Camp – June 17
This year, walk-up registration will not be allowed.
For more information or to register, visit www.hailstate.com/camps.
Per NCAA rules, sports camps are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender). Representatives of our athletics interests (boosters) cannot pay camp registration fees or provide other expenses for a prospect to attend camp. Mississippi State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or group affiliation, age, disability, or veteran status.
Team Camp, June 1-2
Overnight Camp, June 8-10
Day Camp, June 18-21
Little Bulldog Camp, June 18-21
- Howland announces summer camp dates
- Howland gives MSU men’s hoops summer update
- Howland: Arrogant to call NIT a 'consolation prize'
- Howland tabs Pierre as new MSU video coordinator
- MSU basketball coach Ben Howland fined for referee criticism
- Howland turns page to 2019-20 at MSU men’s hoops media session
- Ole Miss announces Rebel Road Trip dates, times, and locations
- Mississippi State "Road Dawgs" Tour 2019 dates announced
- Dak Prescott announces second annual youth football camp
- NEMCABB summer baseball tournament begins