HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Houston High School's Blaize Gann signed with the MUW baseball program on Friday.
Gann hit .398 during his senior season as the Hilltoppers made another deep playoff run.
Gann joins an Owls program that has advanced to the Small College World Series in each of its first two seasons of existence, but he's also going to MUW because of its nursing program.
"I just wanted to make sure it's where I fit in," Gann said. "I put my academics first, and (I) wanted them to have the degree that I wanted, because I know I'm not playing baseball the rest of my life."
- Houston's Gann signs with MUW baseball
- Gann stepping down at Vardaman
- Nash signs with MUW softball
- Megha Ganne tells her USGA journey
- Blue Mountain, MUW split baseball doubleheader
- ICC's Foster, Walker sign with MUW
- UPDATE: Houston introduces new head baseball coach
- BMC Baseball wins for third time over MUW
- MUW baseball receives Small College World Series bid
- MUW baseball returns to USCAA Small College World Series