HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Brian Goodman has been hired as Houston High School's new head baseball coach, it was announced Tuesday.
Goodman was an assistant last season at Biloxi, but has fifteen years of head coaching experience combined at Lake, Puckett and Quitman.
Goodman takes over for Scott Gann, who recently left after eight seasons as head coach to become an assistant at Tupelo.
Goodman was introduced Thursday in the Houston Middle School commons area. He says he's been familiar with the Hilltoppers' program for many years.
"I'm the president of the Crossroads Diamond Club that puts the D.M. Howie All-Star Game on, so I've seen a lot of players from Houston, so I know they've got a lot of talent," Goodman said. "A lot of times, the culture breeds that talent, from just being good from year to year, and somebody else wants to be good and step up."
- UPDATE: Houston introduces new head baseball coach
- Chris Lemonis introduced as MSU head baseball coach
- Amory High head baseball coach Cade Hoggard introduced
- Ricketts officially introduced as MSU head softball coach
- Ole Miss introduces new head coach Lane Kiffin
- Houston's Gann signs with MUW baseball
- UPDATE: Louisville names Shorter head football coach
- Dillard named new head baseball coach at TCPS
- Hall named head baseball coach at New Albany
- Kimbrel promoted to head baseball coach at East Mississippi