WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - West Point High School's football team will play for another Class 5A North Half championship on Friday as it faces another familiar foe.
The Green Wave host Olive Branch, a team West Point defeated in North Half last season. The Wave also rallied to defeat the Conquistadors earlier this year.
Comebacks are nothing new for the Green Wave - they trailed division foe Lafayette County last week before rallying to win.
Brandon Harris led West Point's comeback with 124 yards rushing and three touchdowns. For his efforts, Harris has been named the Premiere Athletix Impact Player of the Week.
"He's a good running back, number one, a good leader, but he's a winner," said West Point head coach Chris Chambless. "He's a champion, and he does the little things right, plays extremely hard, and leads well by example, as well as vocally."
The people that don't play, I like to motivate them," Harris said. "(I) tell them to keep their heads up, just because they don't play, they might have a chance next year.
"(Former Green Wave player) Marcus Murphy told me the same thing, I didn't play that much last year, so he told me next year, just be patient and remain humble, and my time will come."
West Point is seeking its tenth state championship in football and third in a row.
- Harris, West Point seek another trip to Class 5A finals
- West Point wins Class 5A championship
- West Point wins Class 5A state football championship
- Four-peat? West Point aims high
- Two-A-Days: West Point, South Pontotoc
- West Point wins fourth consecutive state title
- Ole Miss' Arianne Hartono earns trip to NCAA Final Four
- West Point High School football history book released
- West Point's Gibson signs with MUW men's hoops
- West Point's Crowley commits to Ole Miss basketball