NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - New Albany High School has named its new head baseball coach.
On Thursday, May 17, the New Albany School Board approved the hiring of Buddy Hall.
Hall served as interim head coach this spring at New Albany High School.
This isn't his first stint as a Bulldog. He began his coaching career at New Albany High School in 1986. In 1990 he was named head baseball coach. He posted an overall record of 164-71 during his original eight seasons as head coach.
Even after leaving school coaching to pursue school administration, he remained active among USSSA traveling teams and American Legion teams.
He retired from public education in 2011, but he returned to the baseball diamond at New Albany from 2011-2015 as an assistant.
"Coach Hall did a tremendous job of leading our players this past spring during a difficult time of transition," said New Albany School Superintendent Lance Evans. "We appreciate his leadership during that time and are excited about what he will bring to our program in an official capacity. Having a veteran educator with his years of experience in coaching, teaching and administration with be an asset to our athletic department."
- Hall named head baseball coach at New Albany
- Dillard named new head baseball coach at TCPS
- MSU names Chris Lemonis as head baseball coach
- Rodney Batts named Delta State head baseball coach
- UPDATE: Houston introduces new head baseball coach
- Adkins named Starkville High baseball coach
- Darty named MSU head volleyball coach
- Calhoun City names new head football coach
- Nouxbee County names new head football coach
- Knox named BMC tennis head coach