NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - Nettleton is coming off a 4-6 season in 2018, and the Tigers will be young in 2019.
However, Nettleton returns starting quarterback Graham Gardner, who's a senior.
Nettleton head coach Ken Topps, once a quarterback at Shannon, says having a player like Gardner under center is crucial.
"To have a senior quarterback in any system, regardless of his playing experience, younger guys look up to those older guys regardless, and he's being more vocal," Topps said of Gardner. "He's one of those quiet kids, but now, once he says something, they take that to heart even more since he was a quiet kid, so he's being strong with his words now."
Nettleton opens at Bruce on Aug. 23.
- Gardner's experience crucial for Tigers
- Nettleton's Grady Gardner signs with NEMCC basketball
- Tigers release 2018 baseball schedule
- Tigers young again, but talented
- Bulldogs defensive dominance downs Tigers
- Tigers, Indians renew rivalry on Thursday
- Tigers ranked 25th in Street and Smith's
- Young Tigers seek to improve this season
- Indians football mixing youth, experience in 2019
- Tigers in NJCAA poll for first time since 2012