FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) — People in Fulton and Itawamba County will come together Tuesday for the funeral of basketball coach and businessman Buster Davis.
He died Thursday at the age of 93.
Davis was a successful coach on the high school level at Thrasher, Kossuth and his alma mater, Belmont.
He continued coaching at Itawamba Junior College for more than ten years.
His professional success also could be found in business where his Ford dealership in Fulton remains open after he started it more than 55 years ago.
Davis also played a role in economic development and in charitable efforts in Fulton and Itawamba County.
His funeral is scheduled for 1 p.m. at the Davis Event Center, the arena at Itawamba Community College that bears his name.
Davis was born in Tishomingo County, and that is where he will be laid to rest.
- Funeral set for Tuesday for coach, businessman Buster Davis
- Ole Miss officially names Kermit Davis as men's basketball coach
- Ole Miss introduces Kermit Davis as men's basketball coach
- Rebels' Davis named SEC Coach of the Year
- Reports: Kermit Davis Jr. to be next Ole Miss men's basketball coach
- Burnett, Davis named Preseason All-SEC
- Ole Miss extends contract of Kermit Davis
- Details of Davis' new contract unveiled
- Terence Davis signs with Denver Nuggets
- NBA champion Raptors sign Terence Davis