RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. (AP/WTVA) - Fulton native Ally McDonald recorded a career-best finish at the ANA Inspiration, the LPGA's first major of the season.
The former MSU golfer finished tied for sixth at 4-under par. McDonald earned $74,472 for the week.
Jin Young Ko won the ANA Inspiration on Sunday at Mission Hills for her first major title and second victory in three weeks.
Ko closed with a 2-under 70 in hot and mostly calm conditions for a three-stroke victory over Mi Hyang Lee. She celebrated with the traditional winner’s leap into Poppie’s Pond.
“It’s a really great honor,” Ko said on the 18th green.
After bogeys on 13 and 15 cut her lead to a stroke, Ko made a 6-foot birdie putt on the par-4 16th and closed with a 15-foot birdie putt on the par-5 18th.
Ko finished at 10-under 278. The 23-year-old South Korean won for the fourth time on the LPGA Tour, completing a desert sweep after taking the Founders Cup in Phoenix. She leads the money list and has five top-three finishes in six events this year.
- Fulton's McDonald records career-best finish at a major; sixth place tie at ANA Inspiration
- Fulton's McDonald falls to 8th place tie after Saturday 74 at ANA Inspiration
- Fulton's McDonald four shots off lead after 36 holes at ANA Inspiration
- Ally McDonald takes ANA Inspiration lead with late birdie
- Lexi Thompson wins ShopRite LPGA Classic; Fulton native Ally McDonald finishes third
- Fulton native Ally McDonald earns top 15 finish on LPGA Tour
- Fulton native Ally McDonald earns top-ten finish at U.S. Women's Open; South Korea's Jeongeun Lee6 wins by two strokes
- Fulton native Ally McDonald tied for 12th after three rounds at the U.S. Women's Open
- Fulton native Ally McDonald tied for third after 2nd round of ShopRite LPGA Classic
- Fulton native Brian Dozier earns 1,000th career hit in Washington's 4-1 over San Diego