STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Starkville High School head baseball coach Danny Carlisle has died after a long battle with cancer. He was 65.
Carlisle spent 29 seasons as the Yellowjackets' head coach before retiring in 2012.
Carlisle won more than 500 games during his tenure and led Starkville to state championships in 1986, 1987 and 1991.
The baseball field at Starkville High School was named after Carlisle upon his retirement.
- Former Starkville High baseball coach passes away
- Adkins named Starkville High baseball coach
- New Site High School hires new head baseball coach
- Nettleton High School approves new head baseball coach
- Amory High head baseball coach Cade Hoggard introduced
- UPDATE: Houston introduces new head baseball coach
- Former MSU baseball coach lands new job
- Johnson retires as East Webster baseball coach
- Legendary Booneville coach Jim Drewry passes away
- Banks joining Starkville High football staff