INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - World champion Sam Kendricks was voted one of the USA Track and Field's top athletes for 2017.
Kendricks finished the season undefeated in the pole vault, picking up a world title along the way. Emma Coburn captured the steeplechase title at the London world championships in August.
The winners were determined by a media and fan vote. They will be honored at a banquet on Dec. 2 in Columbus, Ohio.
Coburn of Crested Butte, Colorado, led a 1-2 finish in London. She took over the lead on the final water jump and held off teammate Courtney Frerichs. It marked the first time Americans have finished 1-2 in a steeplechase at the worlds or the Olympics.
Kendricks of Oxford, Mississippi, finished 17-0. He also serves as a reserve in the U.S. Army.
- Former Ole Miss athlete wins top track award
- Ole Miss’ Moore wins Chucky Mullins Courage Award
- Ole Miss volleyball wins NIVC Championship
- Ole Miss track and field announces 2018 schedule
- Raven Saunders concludes Ole Miss track career for health reasons
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn
- Ole Miss' A.J. Brown named semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- Ole Miss' Cole Zabowski named Rawlings Gold Glove Award finalist
- Ole Miss’ A.J. Brown named to Biletnikoff Award Watch List