BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA) - Police in Birmingham said someone killed former Mississippi State wide receiver De’Runnya Wilson.
According to officers, a relative reported Wilson unresponsive Tuesday in a home on Northland Avenue.
Detectives are asking for people to provide information that would help them make an arrest in the case.
Wilson, 25, played at MSU from 2013 to 2015 and finished his career as one of the top receivers in the university's history.
- Former MSU wide receiver De’Runnya Wilson killed
- Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf out for season
- Moorhead announces Michael Johnson as wide receivers coach
- Ole Miss, MSU receive early football signees
- MSU's Danberry receives approval on NCAA waiver
- Reports: Mississippi State hires Oregon wide receivers coach Michael Johnson to same position
- MSU's Konnor Pilkington receives fourth preseason All-America honor
- MSU's Vic Schaefer, Lady Bulldogs receive SEC honors
- MSU, Ole Miss tennis teams receive NCAA bids
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns