TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Southern Miss sophomore guard LaDavius Draine was named Conference USA's Co-Sixth Man of the Year on Tuesday afternoon.
Draine, a Calhoun City native, shares this year's honor with Florida Atlantic's Xavian Stapleton, formerly of Madison Central and Mississippi State.
Draine is the second Golden Eagle ever to win the award. He has 69 made three-pointers, which is No. 9 in school history. He is second in C-USA play with a 48.6 percent clip.
Also on Tuesday, Oxford High product Jarkel Joiner was named first-team All-WAC by the league's coaches.
Joiner, a sophomore guard at Cal State Bakersfield, averaged 18.6 points in conference play, which led the WAC.
- Draine honored by C-USA; Joiner honored by WAC
- Joiner commits to Ole Miss basketball
- Joiner officially joins Ole Miss basketball
- Northeast's Wallace honored by MACJC
- Northeast's Castillo honored by MACJC
- Northeast's Williams honored by MACJC
- Northeast's Baugus honored by MACJC
- MSU's Poe honored by SEC
- Houston honors May with ceremony
- ICC sweeps MACJC Women's Soccer weekly honors