OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Thomas Dillard's two-RBI double in the bottom of the 11th inning lifted Ole Miss to a 5-4 comeback victory over Texas A&M in the opening game of their weekend series on Thursday night.
The Rebels trailed 3-0 until the seventh inning, when Carl Gindl scored on a wild pitch.
Ole Miss (28-15 overall, 11-8 SEC) tied the game in the eighth thanks to an A&M throwing error and a sacrifice fly by Kevin Graham.
The Aggies (30-13-1, 11-7-1) would retake the lead in the top of the eleventh on a wild pitch, but two base hits from the Rebels and a walk in the bottom of the frame set the stage for Dillard's heroics.
Ole Miss will try to clinch the series when the two teams meet again Friday at 6:30 p.m. at Swayze Field.
- Dillard's double lifts Rebels to win over Aggies
- Rebels sweep Aggies with second walk-off victory
- Rowdey Jordan grand slam lifts MSU over Aggies
- Rebels' Dillard named SEC, National Player of the Week
- Bulldogs rout Aggies 35-14 to win third straight
- Bulldogs down Aggies to advance to SEC Championship Quarterfinals
- Mississippi State knocks off Aggies to open SEC Tournament
- ICC's Jabria Pounds signs with Dillard University
- Bulldogs down Rebels to win Governor's Cup
- Rebels win thriller over Sam Houston State