SCOOBA, Miss. (WTVA) - East Mississippi Community College is mourning following a fatal car crash that involved three student-athletes.
Gulfport school administrators confirmed Zae Crain, Jeremiah Braziel and Keon Moore were involved in a car wreck near Meridian on Wednesday, reports WLOX-TV in Biloxi.
The EMCC football players previously played high school football on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and they were headed home for the Fourth of July holiday weekend, WLOX reports.
The wreck happened on Interstate 59 in Clarke County, according to WTOK-TV in Meridian.
Moore and Braziel were injured, and Crain died on impact, according to Gulfport school administrators.
"The death of Zae Crain comes as an absolute blow to the EMCC family," stated Buddy Stephens, EMCC head football coach.
EMCC's main campus is located in Scooba, which is approximately 38 miles north of Meridian.
- Crash kills EMCC football player, injures two other players
- EMCC quarterback tabbed MACJC Offensive Player of the Week
- Two MSU football players involved in Tuesday night crash
- EMCC’s Scott, Upshaw garner MACJC Player of the Week honors
- EMCC’s Juhan tabbed NJCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
- EMCC guard selected MACJC Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
- EMCC’s Vijay Miller tabbed MACJC Offensive Player of the Week
- EMCC’s Josh Miller named MACJC Special Teams Player of the Week
- EMCC’s Everitt Cunningham selected MACJC Defensive Player of the Week
- MSU football player Reggie Todd arrested