OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss relief pitcher Dallas Woolfolk was named a third team Preseason All-American by Collegiate Baseball, the publication announced Monday. One of nine pitchers returning from 2017, Woolfolk earned a preseason All-America honor for the first time in his career.
Entering his junior campaign, Woolfolk is back to anchor a solid pitching staff as the team’s closer. The Southaven, Mississippi, native already ranks tied for sixth on the career saves list with 13, after tallying 12 last season, one shy of the school record. He made a team-high 26 appearances in 2017, all in relief, finishing with a 2.15 ERA.
His efforts held opposing hitters to just a .200 clip this past spring as he struck out 41 while only walking five in 37.2 frames. His 12 saves ranked third in the SEC as well as 25th nationally. The right-hander helped Rebel pitching to finish in the nation’s top 25 in six different categories, including strikeout-to-walk ratio (3.21 – 3rd in NCAA), WHIP (1.22 – 9th in NCAA), strikeouts/9 innings (9.3 – 14th in NCAA), walks/9 innings (2.90 – 19th in NCAA), shutouts (6 – 20th in NCAA) and ERA (3.60 – 25th in NCAA).
Most recently Woolfolk spent the summer months with USA Baseball, where he became the eighth Rebel to play for the organization. He capped a strong summer with a 0.87 ERA in 10 appearances, totaling 13 strikeouts and a .118 average against.
- Collegiate Baseball tabs Woolfolk as Preseason All-American
- Woolfolk tabbed NCBWA preseason All-American
- Pilkington, Price named Preseason All-Americans by Collegiate Baseball
- Ole Miss' Rolison, Woolfolk earn preseason honors from Baseball America
- Dallas Woolfolk steps away from Ole Miss baseball program
- Parker Caracci named to USA Baseball Collegiate National Team
- Eight Bulldogs tabbed to Preseason Coaches All-SEC Team
- Ole Miss’ Brown tabbed AP All-American
- Rolison named First Team Preseason All-American
- BMC anglers win Cabela's Aftco Collegiate Open