BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - Three Ole Miss Rebels garnered All-Southeastern Conference distinction from the league's 14 head coaches for their 2017 performances, the SEC office announced Tuesday.
Sophomore wide receiver A.J. Brown was selected as a first team wide receiver, while offensive lineman Greg Little and defensive end Marquis Haynes were voted to the second team. Brown also earned second team honors at the all-purpose position.
Brown capped off a 2017 season as the Ole Miss single-season record-holder in receiving yards (1,252) and tied for the top spot in receiving touchdowns (11). He was tops in the SEC and ranks sixth nationally in receiving yards per game (104.3). His six 100-yard receiving games is tied for best in a single season, equaling Laquon Treadwell's mark in 2015.
The 2017 Conerly Trophy winner finished third on the single-season record charts in receptions (75) and was named to the Associated Press All-SEC first team on Monday.
Little, a sophomore from Allen, Texas, started all 12 games during the 2017 season for the Rebels. He helped pass protect for an Ole Miss offense that lead the SEC and ranked 10th nationally averaging 328.4 yards passing per game.
Little, a three-time selection to the Pro Football Focus SEC Team of the Week, anchored an Ole Miss offensive line that blocked for two quarterbacks who threw for 350 yards or more in at least three games in a season. Ole Miss was just the fourth FBS team in the last 20 seasons to accomplish that feat.
Haynes, a senior from Jacksonville, Florida, led Ole Miss with 11 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks. He finished as Ole Miss’ career-leader in both sacks (32.0) and TFLs (47.5). Haynes wrapped up the season with 45 tackles and a team-leading three forced fumbles.
- Brown, Little, Haynes votes All-SEC by coaches
- Ole Miss' Patterson, Haynes honored by SEC
- Five Rebels voted preseason All-SEC by league coaches
- League coaches name three Bulldogs All-SEC
- Ole Miss’ Haynes accepts invite to Reese’s Senior Bowl
- Eight Bulldogs tabbed to Preseason Coaches All-SEC Team
- Haynes extends lead after day two of FLW Tour at Kentucky Lake
- 2017 SEC football awards announced
- Ray White named SEC Legend
- Rob Evans named SEC Legend