BLUE MOUNTAIN, Miss. (WTVA) - Blue Mountain College (BMC) announced its COVID-19 protocols for the upcoming basketball and volleyball seasons.
Current plans at BMC's Tyler Gymnasium
- Maximum of 100 fans allowed inside gymnasium
- No visiting fans allowed
- Voucher system will be in place for families - 4 per family
- Temperature checks will occur at lobby entrance
- Face masks required
- Social distancing (6 feet or more) is required
- Entrances and Exits will be marked appropriately
- No loitering will be allowed in lobby entrance
- Concessions will be open with minimal products
BMC is planning on providing a livestream option for fans and students who aren't able to attend in the form of a Facebook Live feed of home games. Locations around campus will air the stream for BMC students.
Men's basketball opens at home on Nov. 17, while women's basketball will host its first game in Tyler Gym on Nov. 21.
Volleyball resumes play in spring 2021 on Feb. 26 on campus.
Women's basketball is scheduled to play its first three home court contests at Northeast Mississippi Community College in Booneville on Oct. 31, November 5 and November 10.