TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Bigger Than Ball foundation hosted a speaker's series Saturday, February 17 at the Orchard Church in Tupelo.
Bigger Than Ball is the foundation started by TCPS head baseball coach Will Lowrey.
Bigger Than Ball describes itself as 'a network of coaches using our sports platform to create positive change.'
One of the speakers was Derek Jones.
Jones is a former Ole Miss defensive back who has been on David Cutcliffe's staff at Duke since 2008.
Jones, who serves as Duke's defensive backs coach, was recently named associate head coach for the Blue Devils.
Jones says David Cutcliffe has had an immense impact on his life.
'He (Cutcliffe) taught me a lot of valuable lessons about manhood,' said Jones. 'I've had multiple chances to leave Duke University, but when you work for a guy that teaches you something everyday that you know you're gonna be a better man as a result of working with and working for (him), it's kind of hard to look at the grass anywhere else and feel like it's greener.'
- Bigger Than Ball Foundation holds speaker's series in Tupelo
- Blue Mountain hosts Bigger Than Ball conference
- State evens series at Auburn
- Moorhead: Foundation set for success at Mississippi State
- MSU's Joe Moorhead looks to take 'good foundation' to 'great'
- Small earns College Baseball Foundation National Pitcher of the Year
- Grae Kessinger named College Baseball Foundation First Team All-American
- Tupelo football's Standifer tears Achilles
- Rebel Road Trip visits Tupelo
- Road Dawgs Tour visits Tupelo