BELMONT, Miss. (WTVA/BMC Athletics) – Blue Mountain College Women’s Basketball announced Friday the signing of Belmont High School’s Karmen Payne.
Payne, a 5’8” guard with a competent mid-range game, helped lead Belmont to the 2018 state tournament during her junior year and an appearance in the MHSAA 3A championship in 2019, taking runner-up.
In her senior season, she averaged 8.3 points per game, along with 4.1 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.7 assists and was a 71-percent shooter from the free-throw line.
Payne will finish her high school basketball career June 8 at Booneville High School as a selection to the NEMBCA All-Star Game.
“I love basketball and I’m just so excited to continue my career at BMC," Payne said. "Everyone at Blue Mountain made me feel so welcomed and at home. I’m looking forward to being a Lady Topper.”
“I am so proud of Karmen. She is a very hard worker who has a great attitude and exhibits terrific character. I am excited she is able to further her basketball career at a very good school with great Christian coaches at Blue Mountain College," said Belmont head coach Chris Higginbottom.
“We are pleased Karmen has chosen to continue her career at Blue Mountain College. She is a person with the basketball ability, character, and academic strength we look for in our players. Karmen will be a great addition to our campus and our team," said BMC head coach Lavon Driskell.
- Belmont’s Payne signs with Lady Toppers
- Lady Toppers fall to Williams Baptist
- Toppers nip Owls
- Lady Toppers win thriller over state rival William Carey
- Belmont's Berryman signs with ICC basketball
- Belmont's Ledbetter signs with MUW volleyball
- Toppers take series from LSU-Shreveport
- Toppers stun No. 11 Dalton State
- Toppers' season ends at SSAC Tourney
- Volley Toppers bow out at SSAC Championship