BELMONT, Miss. (WTVA) - Belmont High School's Sarah Berryman signed Tuesday with Itawamba Community College's women's basketball program.
Berryman, a point guard, was First-Team All-Division 1-3A as a sophomore, junior and senior. She averaged 10.6 points and four assists during her high school career.
Berryman played for the Lady Cardinals' Class 3A state championship team in 2015.
"Belmont is all about winning," Berryman said. "We don't like to lose, and at ICC, I feel like Coach Gray is the exact same, so it's gonna be fun going into that, when they expect the best out of you."
Berryman has been selected to play in the 2018 Northeast Mississippi Basketball Coaches Association (NEMBCA) All-Star Game on June 2.
"It's very exciting to see how hard work pays off," said Belmont girls head basketball coach Chris Higginbottom. "Sarah's a very hard worker, and being able to see her continue her basketball career at a very good school, with ICC, is just exciting."
- Belmont's Berryman signs with ICC basketball
- Wheeler's Jalon Beene signs with ICC basketball
- Ingomar's Self signs with ICC basketball
- Belmont’s Payne signs with Lady Toppers
- Belmont's Ledbetter signs with MUW volleyball
- ICC's Lancaster signs with Missouri
- Saltillo High's Julian Warren signs with ICC basketball
- Two more ICC men's basketball players sign to continue careers
- Two-A-Days: Belmont, Houston
- ICC basketball games postponed to Saturday