OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – For the second time in one day, Ole Miss outfielder Kylan Becker has been bestowed with All-America honors after being named First Team All-America by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association.
The Miami native is one of four outfielders to be selected to the first team, being joined by Florida's Amanda Lorenz, Arizona's Alyssa Palomino-Cardoza and Arizona State's Morgan Howe. In addition to Becker and Lorenz, Kentucky's Abbey Cheek is the only other SEC player to earn a first team nod.
In one of the greatest offensive seasons ever seen at Ole Miss, Becker led the SEC and ranked fifth nationally with 84 hits, the second highest total in school-history. During her historic season, Becker broke three single season school records, registering 55 runs, nine triples and 34 stolen bases. Becker finishes her career ranking in the top-10 in nearly every statistical category imaginable.
Becker becomes just the second Rebel ever to be named an NFCA All-American, joining Ole Miss great Lauren Grill who received First Team honors in 2008 and Second Team distinction in 2010.
- Becker becomes Ole Miss’ second-ever NFCA All-American
- Ole Miss softball's Becker, Cox named Preseason All-SEC
- Becker named Preseason All-SEC
- Trio of Indians earn NFCA All-American honors
- Ole Miss' Kylan Becker selected to USA Softball Japan All-Star Series roster
- Ole Miss’ Brown tabbed AP All-American
- NEMCC softball boasts five NFCA All-Region selections
- Leilua, Davidson selected to NFCA All-America Teams
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn
- Ole Miss' Jordan Fowler named NCBWA Freshman All-American