BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) - Baldwyn didn't win its division last season as the Bearcats struggled to a 3-8 record.
With 38 players on this year's roster, including eleven seniors, head coach Michael Gray doesn't plan on that happening again.
Baldwyn is dropping from Class 2A to 1A, but Gray says the road will still be tough.
"The biggest thing about 1A is you play more division games, so therefore you play less non-division games, so our schedule is not as loaded on the top end as it usually is, and I think that's going to be an advantage for us," Gray said.
"1A is still going to be the same," said receiver and defensive back Jacolby Williams. "We try to look at everybody like they're equal, we don't look down on anybody, but at the same time, we're supposed to be a big name, since we're coming down."
Baldwyn hosts Kossuth in the season opener Aug. 23.
- Bearcats look to rebound from rare losing season
- Ole Miss ready to rebound following NCAA sanctions
- Ole Miss baseball season over, losing twice to Tennessee Tech
- Pine Grove girls complete the 4-peat, defeat Bearcats
- Rebs, Dogs lose commitments
- No. 4 Mississippi State women rebound from loss, rout Washington 103-56
- Mississippi State Lady Bulldogs lose first non-conference regular season home game since 2012
- Ole Miss women lose at LSU
- Diamond Dawgs lose series finale to Vanderbilt
- Ole Miss softball loses 9-1 to Arizona