STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville High School has hired former Mississippi State standout Johnthan Banks to its football coaching staff.
Head coach Chris Jones confirmed to WTVA that Banks will coach cornerbacks. The news was first reported by the Starkville Daily News.
Banks was an All-American at MSU, winning the Jim Thorpe Award as a senior as the nation's top defensive back. He played high school football at East Webster.
Banks spent most of his NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Starkville lost to Pearl in the Class 6A state championship game last season, its first under Jones.
- Banks joining Starkville High football staff
- Montgomery joins Starkville High football staff
- Huff joins MSU football staff
- MSU's Knox joining Florida football staff
- UPDATE: Clark joins Ole Miss football staff
- Chapel, Hunt join Bulldog basketball staff
- Zuber officially joins MSU football
- Calvin Magee joins Ole Miss football staff as tight ends coach
- Hall hired to Memphis football staff
- Burnett joins Owls track and field and cross country staff