FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Garrett Wolforth and Tim Millard hit back-to-back homers in the fifth inning to break open the game, and Dallas Baptist went on to beat Southern Mississippi 9-4 in an elimination game in the NCAA Tournament Fayetteville Regional on Sunday.
The win sent Dallas Baptist to the regional final against Arkansas. The Patriots lost to the Razorbacks on Sunday night and Arkansas moved to a super regional.
Dallas Baptist led 4-2 with two outs in the fifth when Jameson Hannah doubled and Trent Driver hit Jimmy Glowenke with a pitch. Wolforth followed with a three-run homer to right, and three pitches later Millard homered to left to make it 8-4.
Luke Eldred (7-3) pitched eight innings for the Patriots, allowing four runs on five hits and two walks. He struck out seven.
Walker Powell (7-3) took the loss for the Golden Eagles (44-18).
- Back-to-back HRs sends Dallas Baptist past Southern Miss 9-4
- Balanced Iowa State cruises past Southern Miss
- Buffen, Tyree double up to send Ole Miss past Seattle
- Ginn, Skelton lead Diamond Dawgs past Southern Miss 8-1
- Hill leads Mississippi State past Southern Miss 38-15
- Jacdonmi carries Southern Miss past Delta State 90-71
- Lady Toppers fall to Williams Baptist
- Ole Miss women bounce back with 73-58 win over Texas Southern
- Altuve's HR in 9th sends Astros to World Series over Yankees
- Dallas Woolfolk steps away from Ole Miss baseball program