MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA/BMC Athletics) – Blue Mountain College Cross Country swept both SSAC Runner of the Week awards Tuesday, with Elle Hamilton (SR/Shannon, Miss.) and Braden Hardy (JR/Blue Mountain, Miss.) grabbing the honors.
Hamilton helped lead the Lady Toppers to a 6th place finish at the UNA Invitational over the weekend, crossing the finish line individually at 19:22 in the 5K, good enough for a 12th place finish against several NCAA programs.
"I'm really proud of Elle and the work she has put in," BMC head women's coach Phillip Laney said. "She pushes herself every day to get better. She is such a joy to coach and definitely deserving of this award."
This is Hamilton's sixth overall SSAC Runner of the Week award in her career at BMC.
Hardy raced in the same meet at UNA in the men's 8K, finishing 25th individually with a time of 27:32. Hardy also faced several NCAA runners at the event.
"I'm very pleased with Braden's performance over the weekend," BMC head men's coach Heather Duley commented. "He's starting the season a little ahead of where he started last year, and he's determined to finish even stronger."
- BMC's Hamilton, Hardy sweep SSAC awards
- Hamilton earns third SSAC Runner of the Week award
- BMC’s Bardley named SSAC Player of the Week
- BMC baseball’s Looker named SSAC Player of the Week
- BMC baseball’s Jackson named SSAC Pitcher of the Week
- BMC's Castillo named SSAC Softball Player of the Week
- BMC's Taylor named SSAC Attacker of the Week
- Jackson earns second SSAC Pitcher of the Week Award
- Toppers' season ends at SSAC Tourney
- BMC archer wins national championship